Assistant Store Manager at Journeys Kidz (Great Lakes)
Launched in 2001 as an extension of the highly successful Journeys footwear retail concept, Journeys Kidz is a unique branded kids’ footwear retailer, targeting customers 5 to 12 years old with trendy footwear styles and accessories. Journeys Kidz has a visually exciting atmosphere that is both fun for kids and functional for parents with TVs playing cartoons and music.
In addition to 200 stores, Journeys Kidz reaches its customers through the website. catalog, mobile website, brand promotions, consumer contests and strategic partnerships. We sell big Kidz shoes in little Kidz sizes. Working for Journeys Kidz, we serve both kids and their parents helping Kidz find the coolest shoes.
For more information check out: https://www.journeys.com/careers
Why Work for Journeys?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck. Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
Assistant Store Manager - JOB DESCRIPTION
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Check out the following website for more information on all our awesome benefits: