Licensed Therapist, Outpatient Clinic
Eligible for $1000 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment
The Tanager Place Behavioral Health Clinic is committed to providing mental and behavioral health care to children and adolescents, while providing the needed support for each child’s family and immediate support network. The Clinic focuses on increasing quality of life through traditional and innovative therapeutic services. Fully accredited by the State of Iowa and the Council on Accreditation, Tanager Place Mental Health Clinic prides itself on providing the highest quality of care treating a comprehensive range of issues. Our clinicians collaborate with each patient and their family in order to create an individualized treatment plan and person centered goals.
To serve as a member of the multidisciplinary team providing outpatient therapeutic services and support to children, families, and clients.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Meet all licensure and ethical standards outlined by governing licensing body;
- Serve as mandatory reporter and maintain certification;
- Comply with all applicable safety and health regulatory requirements;
- Adhere to billing expectations as determined by individual role;
- Participate in individual and team meetings focused on administrative and clinical development;
- Develop clinical conceptualization for collaboration with the multidisciplinary team;
- Provide clinical knowledge including the ability to adjust therapeutic style and interventions conducive to the development and maintenance of a therapeutic relationship with clients, families, and supports across the life span;
- Be cognizant and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients/family;
- Ensure a sound theoretical base and the ability to conceptualize and implement effective treatment for clients;
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients, families, supports, school, and other agency employees;
- Complete comprehensive assessments of clients during initial intake sessions providing clinical recommendations regarding appropriate level of care and ongoing treatment needs;
- Refer clients and/or family members to appropriate community resources as needed;
- Through collaboration with client, family, and supports, create and maintain a treatment plan to adequately address client’s needs and functioning, based on clinical impressions and knowledge for the duration of treatment;
- Collaborate with other agency programs and providers, community partners, and school supports to ensure holistic care for clients;
- Provide quality documentation throughout episode of care, including federal and state mandated forms, client diagnostic records, assessment tools, and progress notes within timeframes outlined in program guidelines;
- Observe and document progress towards treatment plan goals and objectives as well as diagnostic symptomology and resilience indicators;
- Performs related work as required.
- Effectively utilize the agency’s Electronic Health Record system;
- Knowledge and use of the agency’s Resilience and Trauma Informed Care model;
- Strong assessment and intervention/observation skills, as well as good written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrate appropriate age-specific and cultural competencies when interacting with clients and families;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State and local laws governing client rights and provider relationships;
- Open to continued personal growth through vulnerability, authenticity, and connection;
- Proactive attitude, takes initiative without prompting;
- Ability to cope under stressful situations, manage frequent interruptions, and handle complex assignments;
- Consistent and reliable with task completion, often completing assignments ahead of deadlines with exceptional quality;
- Handles multiple work assignments successfully;
- Ability to present self in a professional manner including areas of dress, hygiene, and communication.
Acceptable Experience/Training/ Education:
- Master’s degree in social work or related human services field is required;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
Required Special Qualifications:
- Current Iowa License
Tanager Place offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision for full-time employees.
- PTO for full-time employees.
- Heavily discounted trainings offered through Tanager Place’s Training and Education Institute for all employees.
- Individual and group supervision and ongoing mentoring..