School Based Therapist
Eligible for $1,000 sign-on bonus and additional completion bonus at the end of the school year
Currently hiring for the 2021-2022 school year with employment beginning July 26th
Positions available in Tama County and Linn County
Tanager Place School Based Therapist Details:
- Full-time and contract positions available: full-time is approximately 20-25 sessions per week and contract positions have flexibility to establish preferred workload.
- Full-time position is salary; contract position is paid 60% based on number of sessions billed each week.
- Work alongside school supports to provide therapy to caseload of clients, as well as engage with school supports, students, and families to increase resilience and overall wellness for all students, families, and educators.
- Be a part of something bigger than yourself – come see the beauty that lives in our agency, which has been in the community for over 140 years. Join our legacy of helping children and families heal!
- Our mission is simple: To provide services to children and families that inspire, empower, and heal. If you want to learn more about how we do this, visit us at www.tanagerplace.org.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing therapy to children and families in our school-based locations or via teletherapy.
- Provide initial assessments of new clients to gather diagnostic information, set goals, create treatment plans, and introduce clients to our services.
- Provide holistic services aimed at building and increasing resilience and mental wellness within the school environment.
- Establish rapport and maintain a professional working relationship with clients, families, schools, and other collateral contacts.
- Complete documentation thoroughly and accurately. This includes assessments, social histories, treatment plans, psychotherapy notes, and discharge summaries.
- Attend weekly team meetings aimed at building connection with team, increasing clinical competencies, and staying up to date on program needs.
- Medical, dental, and vision for full-time employees.
- PTO for full-time employees.
- Full-Time therapists receive annual training allotment for use towards continuing education, professional development, therapeutic supplies, etc.
- Heavily discounted trainings offered through Tanager Place’s Training and Education Institute for all employees.
- For temporary licensed therapists, individual and group supervision is offered toward full licensure at no cost to the employee.
- Completion bonus for new full-time employees at the end of the school year.
- School schedule, which includes non-student days as days off – winter break, spring break, summer break, etc.
- Must be licensed in the state of Iowa: tLMHC/LMHC, tLMFT/LMFT, or LMSW/LISW. Temporary licenses are accepted and encouraged to apply, as there is an atmosphere of support and growth for clinicians with temporary licenses including free clinical supervision.
- Must have a great sense of ethics, professionalism, and act as a positive emissary of Tanager Place.
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be skilled at thoroughly and accurately completing documentation in a timely fashion.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as utilizing email, Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, managing electronic calendars, scanning, and uploading documents.
- Must be a self-starter and reliable.