Help us change the face of serious illness, and our patients celebrate every moment by joining JourneyCare as a Bereavement Counselor!
Ask us also about our competitive benefits packages!
The Bereavement Counselor provides grief support and education to family members of the agency’s patients. They provide grief support via phone, mailings, individual visits, or grief support groups. Bereavement Counselors provide support and education to community members through seminars, groups, on-site programs, and individual counseling services.
Requirements for Bereavement Counselor positions
- Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work
- Training in grief education and counseling
- Hospice knowledge
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- 12 to 24 months of experience in counseling
- Communication skills verbal and written
- Certain positions require Pediatric skill competencies on, preschool, school age or adolescent
- Organization skills
- Computer skills, Word, e-mail, internet, patient database, voicemail
Benefits offered for Bereavement Counselor positions
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical Benefits / Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Competitive 403B Retirement Match
- Tuition/Education Reimbursement
- Company-Provided CEUs