School-Based Therapist Hampton-Dumont
Reporting to: Melissa Paulsen, , MA, LMFT, RPT-S. CEO of Mental Health at Life Connections.
- School Based Therapists will be utilized to fulfill Life Connections mental health embedment contract.
- Full-time positions available.
- Salary or billable rates available (fee for service).
- $35,000-$50,000 based on experience, contract length, and sessions per week. Individuals who go above their minimum session expectation will receive additional compensation.
- Provide ongoing therapy to children and adolescents in the school setting during school hours.
- Provide consultation, mental health education, risk prevention, crisis support, and any other appropriate support services within the school setting.
- Collaborate with school counselors, teachers, behavior interventionists, and other school personnel to provide continuity of care and create an embedded support system for students.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating mental health services, including external referrals if needed.
- Provide initial assessments of new clients to gather diagnostic information, set goals, create treatment plans, and introduce clients to our services. Make referrals for additional services with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Complete assessment and social histories, psychotherapy notes, treatment plans, and discharge reports.
- Attend 1-hour monthly Staff Meeting at assigned office location.
- Attend 1-hour monthly Clinical Meeting at assigned office location.
- Attend 4-hour biannual All Agency Clinical Meeting at centralized location.
- Other duties as needed or as assigned.
- Must be licensed in the state of Iowa: tLMHC/LMHC, tLMFT/LMFT, or LMSW/LISW. Temporary licenses are accepted and encouraged to apply.
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Must have a great sense of ethics, professionalism, and be able to positively represent Life Connections within the community.
- Must be skilled in establishing rapport and maintaining a professional working relationship with clients and collateral contacts such as schools, doctors, DHS, etc.
- Must be skilled at completing assessment and social histories, psychotherapy notes, treatment plans, and discharge reports thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Must possess basic computer skills such as utilizing Google Drive, Gmail, Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems, managing electronic calendars, scanning, and uploading documents.
- Must be a self-starter and reliable.
- Full-Time Therapists are allocated $500 annually toward continuing education, training, and supplies.
- For tLMHC, tLMFT, and LMSW therapists, monthly individual and group supervision is provided toward full licensure at no cost to the employee.
- Employees are eligible to receive bonuses for clinically appropriate service referrals; up to $100 per eligible referral.
- Eligible for Employee Mentoring Program; up to $1,000 per eligible referred employee.
- Eligible for monthly agency awards, up to $100.00.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement for all employees.
- PTO & Paid Holidays for full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for full-time employees after the initial 30 days.
At Life Connections, we believe in being authentic, strength-based, positive, consistent role models and in treating all clients with the utmost respect. We are only interested in positive, enthusiastic counselors who can work in that vision and want to work with us to accomplish our mission of connecting to families and forming trusting relationships that enhance individual strengths and increase positive community involvement. Life Connections has many opportunities for advancement and invites all applicants with the desire to show positive leadership in a team setting to join the Life Connections team.
If you would like more information or to see where we serve please visit our website at www.life-connections.org.
Full-Time Salary: Based on experience & number of sessions billed per week
Life Connections is an equal opportunity employer.