College Intern (Paid, Summer 2022)
What we are looking for:
Aldridge is seeking interns to join our dynamic and energetic team. Aldridge’s internship positions take place nationwide with specific focuses in Libertyville, IL (HQ), Rosemont, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Washington DC, and Southern California. An internship at Aldridge will allow individuals to explore the fundamentals of the construction industry. Aldridge’s focus is to build America’s infrastructure and improve people’s quality of life.
What you’ll do:
Our available internship positions include:
- Project Management
- Talent Management/HR
Who you are:
We are pursuing candidates with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Willing to work in a variety of roles depending on the needs of the department.
- Solution oriented, problem solver with a hands-on and team-oriented attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, preferred.
Who we are:
Aldridge, a family owned company, is one of the largest specialty contractors in the US, dealing in the power and transportation markets. We have built a reputation as a trusted source in the construction industry, with close to 70 years in business, 1,200 employees, and offices and job sites nationwide. Our continued success is attributed to our commitment to quality, attention to project planning, and dedication to an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
Aldridge’s mission is to build and strengthen America’s infrastructure, and that starts with building the strongest team. We have sustained significant growth and foresee that continuing for years to come. Our ability to execute difficult projects is made possible by engaging passionate, forward thinking, and innovative people.
What we offer:
At Aldridge, you will learn about multiple career paths in our company and gain:
- A 12 + week paid, summer internship program opportunity.
- Hands-on experience.
- Valuable career practice.
- Leadership and skill development.
- Industry familiarity.
- Mentorship program.
- Professional communication and networking opportunities.
Aldridge cares about our team members and the communities in which they live. We are proud to support and participate in:
- Juvenile Diabetes Relief Fund
- Bucks for Burn
- Special Olympics
- Greenhouse Scholars
- ACE Mentorship Program of America
- Tuskegee Next Foundation
- National MS Society
- Foundation for Prader-Willi Research
- CureSearch for Children's Cancer
- El Valor
- The Night Ministry
- Navy SEAL Foundation
- Bridges to Prosperity
- Feed My Starving Children
Pay starting at $16 per hour.
This job-specific task list covers only the most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position title will also perform other occasional work assignments not mentioned above, including temporary assignments, training assignments, and other related duties. Aldridge is an EEO Employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.