The primary responsibility of the Culinary Services Server is to set the dining rooms throughout the facility, serve the residents and bus tables at all meal times.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set up tables in main and other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order. (i.e. table cloths, napkins, silverware, menus, and placemats).
- Assist residents with any needs, including clothing protectors and menu orders.
- Provides excellent customer service by assisting residents with food and drink selections, presenting menu and assistance with ordering, offering alternatives and providing warm and friendly conversations during entire meal periods.
- Serve meals at designated times.
- Clean up dining areas and collect dishes, linen etc.
- Discard leftovers and take out garbage.
- Stock and monitor condiments.
- Help put away dishes until shift ends.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to meet organizational objectives. *
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer/Client focus
- Communication proficiency
- Professional composure
- Work Environment
This position operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current food handler's card or the ability to obtain one within first 30 days of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Six months or more experience in long term care Dining Services position.
Employer paid LTD and Life Insurance
401K after one year of service
Company paid time off
Buy back of paid time off
Flexible scheduling to balance work/life
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
3:00 pm to 7:30pm
6:00 am to 2:30 pm