Architectural Design intern
Central States Construction, a leader in upscale multi-family and commercial construction throughout the Central Midwest is looking for a Construction Superintendent to serve the Central Missouri area. Project work would primarily be in the Columbia, MO area with some travel, primarily within the state of Missouri. This superintendent will have the full support of the project management staff while exercising autonomy in day-to-day operations. Successful candidate will be a team player who is self-motivated and willing to jump in and assist where needed, adding value by offering thoughtful solutions and project efficiencies.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN INTERN POSITION; We are seeking a creative, passionate and energetic intern who is interested in gaining experience within the Architecture Design field. You will have varying tasks from concept planning and rendering preparation to working with the project team throughout the design and construction process.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop 2D and 3D presentations and early design studies of site plans, floor plans and exteriors for project team review.
- Field measure existing building spaces in order to prepare as-built floor plans.
- Interpret and translate design intent into technical documents
- Coordinate with manager the architectural, structural, electrical, and mechanical designs to determine a graphically representation of the building plans.
- Assemble design/construction standard details with direction from manager in order to develop project booklets.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN INTERN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently student majoring in Drafting, Architecture, Interior Design or related field; REQUIRED.
- Currently reside in Columbia, Missouri, REQUIRED.
- Available to start immediately, REQUIRED.
- Proficiency in design software including: REVIT, AutoCAD, and SketchUp; REQUIRED
- Exposure to commercial or multi-family apartment project design, is a plus!
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated, deadline driven and highly organized
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Effective listener with ability to understand needs of team members at all levels
- Interact effectively with project team, client and reviewing authorities.
- Pay based on experience; $12.00-$16.00/hour