Step Up to Leadership Program 2022 - Culinary Management Track
Aramark’s Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Paid Internship Program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors who are eager to gain valuable business skills and leadership experience. The S2L Program is designed to provide students with key experience, expertise, and resources to help position them competitively for full-time positions post-graduation.
S2L interns gain relevant work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training to help them pursue what matters to them, both personally and professionally. Throughout the course of this premiere internship program, interns have the unique opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and development exercises.
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in seven Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track.
The S2L Program also offers a series of professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs trough structured account experiences and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
- A paid 10–12-week experience
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors, and managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
- Structured career path conversations and learning development programs in preparation for potential full-time placement
Aramark’s S2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact!
Culinary Management Career Track: Our kitchens create a massive community that will allow you to flex your creativity daily, build a lifelong career, and pursue a variety of culinary experiences you’re passionate about! Aramark chefs spend their careers dedicated to pursuing innovation and excellence, engaging in menu development, sustainable sourcing, and everything in between. The S2L Culinary Career Track will set you on an accelerated journey focused on bringing customer food experiences to life!
What’s in It for You
- Exposure to a fast-paced, professional, and encouraging culture at the heart of culinary innovation
- A chance to work and network with industry leaders at a Fortune 200 company
- High level of access to supervisors, mentors, and significant feedback throughout the program
- Becoming part of an international team with a heightened focus on service, hospitality, inclusion, and sustainability
- Cross-functional collaboration and experience across teams and departments
- A premiere internship program designed to develop the future leaders of Aramark and competitively position you for employment post-graduation
What Makes You Right For This Role
- Must be pursuing at least an Associate's Degree. (Must graduate between May 2023 – August 2025 to be eligible for the 2022 S2L Program).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.