Public Policy Intern
The Greater St. Louis, Inc. Public Policy Intern is a college student or recent graduate, looking to apply and develop their business skills in a regional civic-leadership organization that champions inclusive growth for the St. Louis region. Greater St. Louis, Inc. partners with local businesses, institutions, and organizations to advance a bold agenda for regional economic development.
The Public Policy Intern will assist the ChamberSTL team by effectively supporting the planning and execution of events and meetings, compiling research and data on policy issues, and other tasks. The internship will provide a holistic and authentic economic development work experience by offering hands-on assignments related to Greater St. Louis, Inc.’s public policy priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the ChamberSTL team on various projects, including:
- Assembling briefs on Greater St. Louis, Inc.’s current political positions
- Research on policy issues
- Assisting with the coordination of events and meetings by:
- Creating event collaterals
- Organizing relevant/requested materials for meetings / events
- Outreach to investors and guests to confirm and drive attendance
- Aid in advancing Greater St. Louis, Inc.’s policy agenda through support on event-planning and crafting written communications around legislation
- Remain up-to-date on legislative happenings at the local, state and federal level
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to you by Greater St. Louis, Inc.
- Undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate in a business, public policy/political science, or related field preferred
Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to convey Greater St. Louis, Inc. priorities to community stakeholders and develop written work product on complex policy matters or other topics
- Foundational knowledge of business principles, economics, and local and state government preferred
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Dependable, able to consistently meet deadlines on time-sensitive projects
- Dynamic interpersonal skills; able to effectively and confidently coordinate with a diverse team of coworkers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and multi-task
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite preferred