Assistant Product Developer
TITLE: Assistant Product Developer
REPORTING TO: Product Developer
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
LAST EDITED: 8/3/2021
The Assistant Product Developer’s primary responsibility is to support both people and process including the Product Developers, Designers and Technical Design team in the apparel development process from concept through vendor purchase order and delivery.
· Manage a Work In Process (WIP) report for all product development, including but not limited to technical packs, prototypes, strike offs, lab dips, testing and samples. Develop effective and consistent status updates to manage WIP reports and process deliverables and communicate timely to all relevant team and cross functional partners.
· Work cross functionally with demand planning & logistics to ensure Purchase Orders are delivered to vendors accurately and timely to ensure on-time delivery of products.
· Assist the VP, Product and Product Developers in day-to-day tasks, supporting all aspects of the product development and sourcing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Send and track delivery of technical packs, fit samples, pre-production samples, and top of production samples (TOP) to enable accurate and on time approvals. Communicate progress tracking via internal shared reports.
- Deliver accurate execution of the tasks associated with product and new lines:
o Complete and send Purchase Orders to agents and vendors
o Check packing list and invoices
o Update weekly reports from vendors
o Update backorder report
o Make barcodes
· Make and send swatch cards to vendors
· Set up & maintain HTS code spreadsheet
· Update and maintain style tracker
· Enter shipping description, fabric content, and vendor into PLM (product info management tool)
· Maintain tracking document for bill of materials
· Assist team in preparing new products received in house for review with Design and Tech.
· Maintain Costume and Dancewear vendor boards in office.
· Maintain active vendor file folders
· Update and maintain swatch binders for tights & leotards.
· Manage sample allocation to showroom/sales samples, inspector samples and in-house samples
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in an apparel related field and/or a relevant internship with specific experience in an apparel development role with limited or no experience (entry level) OR
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an admin or sourcing development role within the apparel industry; specifically dance, swim, gymnastics or other team sports with a fabric performance and fit focus
In addition to:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience working with overseas vendors with limited English skills is a plus.
- Fast, efficient, nimble, accountable; comfortable working in a dynamic and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Applications (Word, Teams, Outlook). PLM software experience is a plus.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work on complex projects independently
- The ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- The ability to manage multiple brands and various projects at once with excellent time management
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Works well in a team environment; excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- A passion and interest in dance is always a plus!