Grain IQ Advisor
Who we are:
We are a group of farmers and data scientists who are passionate about agriculture and defending and increasing farmer profitability. The single largest driver of farmer net income is the price they receive for the crop, and we are using data science and analytics to level the playing field between large grain traders and hedge funds. By leveraging the same and better techniques and technology that they use, we give farmers the edge to improve grain marketing results while minimizing risk.
We are looking for personable, entrepreneurial representatives to establish their own Grain IQ advisory practice. As a Grain IQ representative, you will work with farmers to provide:
- Access to Grain IQ’s data-science-driven grain marketing program
- Advising on sound grain marketing and market moves throughout the season
- Strategic grain marketing planning each year with longer range outlooks horizon
As a Grain IQ advisor, you determine your own success and we enable you to achieve it. We offer a base + commission structure with significant expected growth year over year, enabling you to build a successful long-term practice. This position enables you to work from home, working with farmers in your region.
Who you are:
- Empathetic – you are able to put yourself in other people’s shoes and know what they care about
- Growth mindset – you are an insatiable learner
- Passion for agriculture and the people who do it
- Help farmers better understand their farm business management and determine opportunities for improving their profitability.
- Provide counseling and education to farmers on analytics-driven risk management strategies.
- Develop and build relationships with producers, elevators, crop insurers, ag lenders, and other key participants in the agribusiness community.
- Prospect for and enroll customers in Grain IQ’s services.
- Organize and lead educational workshops.
- Stay informed and educated on market events and how they impact risk management strategies for farmers.
This will require creativity, tenacity, and persistence on your part. We will assist you by:
- Providing an analytics platform and regular market updates to keep you informed and able to deliver clear value to clients and prospective clients.
- Digital advertising to create awareness in your area.
- Annual market and sales training to ensure that you can deliver the latest insights on sound grain marketing practice, agricultural economics and agronomy more generally, and the best way to win clients over and provide them services that bring them value.
- Access to our team of market experts to keep you at the forefront of market and agronomic knowledge.
- An active support structure of experienced professionals to enable your success and tap into your potential
- Expected first year compensation is $50,000-80,000. Driven and motivated team members can expect to earn over 2x in a few years when they have established a successful practice
- Work anywhere you like where you have in-person access to your core clients. Typically, new advisors work from the small town they grew up in or in small regional cities that are surrounded by farms.
- Classes of advisors start in January and July of each year