Survey Technician - Internship
This temporary position will work on a survey team. Position receives day-to-day direction on job assignments and responsibilities from Survey Crew Chief and will be supervised by the Survey Crew Chief on the job site. Position will work to understand field process(es) and support survey team to complete project work.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and operate GPS and conventional surveying instruments, including performing and/or coordinating routine maintenance on company trucks, ATVs, UTVs and equipment.
- Assist in production of topographic and boundary surveys.
- Learn process of organizing field notes.
- Learn to read construction plans to ensure accurate area to be surveyed.
- Assist in field staking with stable placement.
- Perform manual labor, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar, tools, and equipment, etc.