Human Resources Intern
The Human Resource Intern will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Reviews applications for entry-level and non-exempt positions; conducts and/or schedules preliminary interviews.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of employee uniforms and recruiting materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills/Abilities:Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Human Resources.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Willingness to work on Saturdays for special events a plus.