Wellsite Geologist / Mudlogger
Excellent opportunity to grow with a leading Well Site Geological Service Company. Mudlogging is key and essential to all wells drilled by our customers. As a Wellsite Geologist/Mudlogger, you will play a vital role in the interpretation of the E&P drilling process. You will be part of our high-performance field operations team that works closely with our customers to achieve the goals of the well prior to and while drilling.
If you are a geologist who enjoys working in the field, this is the job for you! It is perfect for individuals who enjoy the freedom of not being tied to a fixed work schedule, love outdoor activities and like to travel. Our geologists work and live at the well site and are the "eyes and ears" for the E&P company geologists.
Wellsite geologists describe rock sample cuttings circulated during the drilling process. They also maintain gas monitoring equipment that collects total gas and gas chromatography information. This information is then transferred into documents called mud logs, which are reported to the E&P company daily as a record of the potential for hydrocarbon production in various formations.
Since our geologists can be deployed on short notice anywhere within the region, they must live near the assigned area of operation. This is a demanding position, requiring a unique combination of technical, mechanical and interpersonal skills, as well as a dependable vehicle and a clean driving record. It also requires a flexible schedule, since the time on each job is unpredictable and can vary based on the time to complete the well. This means the wellsite geologist will be living and working in a trailer in a remote location, working 12-hour shifts for 1 to 3 weeks at a time and sometimes longer.
This is a high-profile position that requires a team effort mindset with a vision of exceptional quality, professionalism, dedication and strong technical, analytical and communication skills.
- A professional history of impeccable client communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail on deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure during a high workload environment.
- Aptitude to work in a team environment while accepting the accountability of your individual work conduct and deliverables.
- Provide exceptional technical advice to our clients on current and future projects.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Geology required (if inexperienced).
- Experience in basin geology is required (if experienced).
- Experience in mudlogging/well site geology (if experienced in oil & gas).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis in MS Office with a solid background in Excel.
- Complete understanding of well site drilling operations.
- Experience and knowledge in multiple basins.
- Strong analytical and technical background in math.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Open to mentoring and constructive criticism by peers.
- Ability to adapt to changing workload.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Capable of safely ascending and descending up to 2 flights of stairs multiple times per hour while carrying samples and equipment
- Must be capable of repeatedly walking short (~10' - 1000') distances multiple times per hour
- Per Diem
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance