Rotational Management Program (RMP)
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
Curious about what makes a global retail business successful? Itching to jump-start your business career? Customer Curious & fascinated by trends in the ever changing retail landscape?
At Gap Inc. we know it’s important for future leaders to understand all facets of retail – from concept and design all the way to marketing and selling product to customers both in-store and online. That’s why we designed the interdisciplinarity Rotational Management Program (RMP) for college graduates who are filled-to-the-brim with opportunity and want to learn the retail business and understand the workings of a global company.
A highly competitive and fast-paced program, RMP is a nine-month training where you’ll rotate through Merchandising and Inventory Management and experience immersions in design, digital, production and stores. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Gap Inc. culture and receive hands-on business experience with brand leaders. We don’t stop there – you’ll also be assigned special projects that will allow you to directly influence the business and interact with senior management. During the program, you will learn to try fast, learn fast, & think big! We value problem solvers and those who strive towards solutions.
At the end of the program, successful participants will land a position to work as an Assistant Merchandiser or Inventory Planning Analyst.
Come show us what you’re made of. We’re ready to meet you.
What You'll Do
- Learn to develop innovative product strategies and improve omni customer experience to drive business results
- Use strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities solve problems and make recommendations to positively impact the business
- Deliver strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills to leaders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate leadership qualities such as a strong point of view and willingness to take calculated risks
- Organize multiple projects with strong attention to detail
Who You Are
- Passionate and motivated about working in the fashion industry
- Identify as a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to manage your own business in a fast-paced environment.
- Accountable and empowered to see things through to the end and rally others to achieve with you
- Empowered to make a difference and do the right thing
- Must be a college graduate or will receive a Bachelor's degree by Summer 2022
- For full-time internal applicants, a Manager Reference Form should be uploaded with the application. Part-time and seasonal field employees do not need one.
- Past retail experience is preferred, but not required
- Please note that it is important that you use the same email address throughout our process - from applying to the role to taking the online assessment.
- Upload your resume in PDF format ('Last name/First Name Resume')
- This role may require you to be in the office on a full-time or occasional basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings after September 7, 2021 will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief is approved.