Greenhouse Team Member
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for all aspects of maintaining the Greenhouse and all products inside and out to include front sidewalk and side lot. This will include hard goods, live goods merchandise, Greenhouse customer experience and supporting selling initiatives, performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
Job Duties (Essential Functions)
As a Greenhouse Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
• Maintain the care of Live Goods including following the Watering SOP
• Greenhouse Daily Maintenance including maintenance of plants, pruning, repotting, and disposing of expired plants
• Responsible for all Greenhouse Sales and Operating cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company.
• Greenhouse Merchandising to maintain standards and presentation of greenhouse, front sidewalk, side lot, consolidate and remerchandise
• Greenhouse Inventory and Accuracy, regularly writing off damaged product in partnership with the Receiver
• Greenhouse Recovery of hard good and live goods, side lot where needed
• Maintain, recover, stock, and tag assigned work areas including all merchandise displayed outside of the store
• Rotation and disposition of dated products
• Maintain BOPIS Shed/Area, Managing pick ups and Customer engagement
• Greenhouse Price Changes/markdowns, signage, presentation
• Overall cleanliness and safety of the Greenhouse, front sidewalk and side lot
• Dispense Propane
• Communicate proactively and regularly with Store Manager on work completion, issues, and offer solutions to overcome.
• Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
• Greet the Customer
• Uncover the Customers’ needs
• Recommend products
• Ask for the Sale
• Provide peak coverage during main selling days/times
• Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: 2+yrs Horticulture experience is required. Prior retail and/or merchandising experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Greenhouse Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
• Horticulture, Greenhouse knowledge is required.
• Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
• Must be self-directed and have the ability to complete assignments with little to no assistance.
• Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
• Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
• Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions)
The Greenhouse Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Greenhouse Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Greenhouse Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
• Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
• Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
• Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
• Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
• Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
• Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
• Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
• Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
• Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
• Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.