As a Solution Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Cerner’s internal and external clients by providing outstanding customer service and basic technical support in a Tier 1 call-centered environment. You will be responsible for serving as the first line to investigate and resolve client problems received through phone, ticket or other electronic means, triaging and escalating issues by using applicable monitoring and troubleshooting tools, and performing routine, preapproved changes to client domains. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting investigations, reviewing front-end applications by gathering information, using troubleshooting tools, shadowing end users, and testing workflows internally and externally, performing troubleshooting investigations via backend methods by capturing log files, querying tables, updating database fields, and updating/cycling servers.
Much of your time will be spent investigating service requests, resolving client incidents and maintaining applications. As you work with Cerner technologies, you prioritize and plan issue resolutions both independently and in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment. You will work directly with clients, so strong communication and customer service skills are needed. You will also be responsible for adhering to policies and procedures including HIPAA, PECA, CHIA, and client notification requirements.
When hired into the Client Services Academy, you reap big benefits. During training, you will gain insights into Cerner’s support methodology and will begin project work immediately. You’ll work alongside the experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term, meaningful career with Cerner.
- At least 4 years total combined higher education and related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of call center or phone support work experience
- Ability to work one of the following shifts available for the position:
- Traditional Monday through Friday shifts from 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, or 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Swing shifts Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM, 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, or 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- 4X10 shifts Monday through Thursday, Wednesday through Saturday, or Sunday through Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM or 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- 554 shifts from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM or 554 night shifts from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, 8:00 PM - 8:00 AM
- Residing in or able to relocate to Kansas City metro area
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.