Entry Level Project Manager (WH – Dev) 2022
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Health Data Connect Program Management Office is responsible for managing the release management lifecycle of re-usable software common assets that are used to accelerate development of multiple Watson Health offerings. We are focused on customer success and committed to helping grow the skills and talent required to support the release management process and other general project management duties. The IBM Health Data Connect Program Management Office is expanding and seeking an Entry Level Project Manager for our growing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work across an array of teams: offering management, development and senior management
- Assist and lead key release management planning meetings to determine schedules
- Facilitate regular communication among the key stakeholders against goals, objectives & milestones.
- Work with offering management and developer leaders to set goals, objectives and key milestones for solution development and delivery consistent with IBM strategy.
- Identify any issues and problems that need immediate focus and resolution, and leverage key resources across IBM to resolve issues quickly.
- Assess the current and ongoing readiness to achieve solution objective utilizing project plans.
- Help manage budget, claim, and capital.
- Oversee business controls, security and compliance to achieve audit ready posture.
Who You Are:
- You thrive on working in a supportive team environment and are hyper-focused on customer success
- You have outstanding negotiation, planning, collaboration, and communication skills
- You are extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- You are a team player, who is self-directed and can also work independently with minimal supervision focusing on the right information being delivered to the right set of stakeholders at the right times
- You have passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand technical concepts and assimilate different points of view
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous Internship or Co-op in Project Management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience in Project Management
- At least 1 year of experience working with technical teams
- At least 1 year of experience working on large delivery projects with distributed teams
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.