2022 Deutsche Bank Summer Internship: Investment Bank - Corporate Finance - Singapore
About Investment Bank: Corporate Finance
Our Corporate Finance business provides the full range of advisory and financing products and services of a leading global investment bank. Our clients include large-cap and mid-cap corporates, financial institutions, governments, government agencies and financial sponsors.
We recognise that selecting the right investment banking partner can be the key to a company’s success. Our relationships are enhanced by industry sector, country coverage and regional expertise, closely aligned to high-quality client solutions. We offer both buyside and sellside advisory services for Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), restructuring advisory, debt and equity capital raising services (including our innovative SPAC franchise and our dedicated ESG solutions) and strategic equity transactions. We are able to advise on innovative cross-border and regional transactions in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
As part of the Investment Bank, the Capital Markets business is a specialist product coverage area that operates as a partner between Investment Banking Coverage (IBC) areas and Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) to provide clients with an array of capital raising services. Capital Markets is comprised of three key business lines: Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Equity Capital Markets (ECM), and Strategic Equity Transaction Group (SETG). The desks provide corporate clients advice on raising capital for growth or acquisitions, on refinancing or restructuring outstanding equity or debt and on hedging certain risks relating to their existing equity, fixed income and currency positions.
Division specifics about the internship role
Our interns are given the opportunity to learn about our business from different viewpoints, giving you a career advantage. Working on our day-to-day business as well as on special projects, you will contribute to the innovation of new ideas to help our customers achieve their financial goals. You will gain experience in different areas of our business and discover our market-leading solutions first hand. Tasks may include evaluating companies, monitoring global markets and analyzing relevant data for our clients, developing models for M&A transactions, preparing industry/country/product analyses for pitches, or getting involved in the execution of live deals.
The internship is an ideal way of finding out whether a career in Corporate Finance meets your needs and aspirations. Interns will be working in one of the following areas in Singapore :
· Investment Banking Coverage (Industry Sector / Country Coverage)
· Merger & Acquisitions (M&A)
What we look for
We recruit highly intelligent interns who are ambitious and adaptable. They have degrees in many different disciplines. Even though good levels of numeracy are important for some roles, you won’t necessarily need a formal mathematical or financial background. We have very comprehensive training programmes that will give you all the technical knowledge you’ll need to build a career with us. Above all, we’re looking for entrepreneurial people who thrive best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking abound.
You should not only be passionate about the world of finance, but also show a keen interest in your chosen field. You already have a record of outstanding academic achievement and you’re eager to go on learning at the same intensive rate. So you’ll thrive on working in a highly collaborative environment with some of the best minds in banking.
• Are you passionate about finance and have an affinity for numbers?
• Do you follow rapidly changing world events and their impact on global financial markets?
• Do you have an interest in business, economics, financial mathematics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
• Are you comfortable juggling several projects and multi-tasking in a fast-paced atmosphere?
• Do you have the ability to take ownership by completing assigned tasks independently, promptly, and with a strong attention to detail?
• Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
• Are you proficient in working with MS Office (e.g. excel) and common applications?
• Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
• Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills?
Open to students graduating between August 2022 to July 2023.
Application closes 3rd October, 2021 (HKT/SGT 23:45).