WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Finance Analyst. The Financial Analyst will have responsibility for the accounting and finance function at certain LMI facilities and will support LMI Corporate Accounting functions as requested. While performing all duties and responsibilities the Analyst will always model LMI values and principles and act in a manner consistent with the LMI Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Active involvement in process improvement for the plants
- Active monitoring of progress after improvements have been implemented
- Primary focus on job/process cost with goal of maintaining or reducing cost
- Assists plant managers, supervisors and employees with understanding plant financial objectives, performance, and their role in ensuring cost-effective plant performance
- Engage in ongoing detailed analysis of plant performance
- Specific emphasis on job cost, inventory management and valuation
- Ensure the GAAP accuracy of the plants’ financial statements
- Collaborate with Plant General Manager to prepare monthly written reports summarizing and forecasting business activity and financial position
- Facilitate preparation of annual plant financial budgets
- Review capital expenditure proposals and prepare supporting documentation and justification
- Reconcile and/or analyze all balance sheet and primary income statement accounts for the plants
- Maintain detailed records and analysis for developing or updating unit costs for all areas of inventory at the plants
- Develop, monitor and enhance internal controls with significant emphasis on inventory control
- Monitor activity related to all plant fixed assets and coordinate necessary approvals and transactions related to disposals or transfers
- Perform all quarterly and year-end plant-specific accounting work
- Prepare audit responses as necessary
- Assist the Corporate, Segment, or COE Aerostructures Controllers to ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)documentation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Two year's of experience in cost accounting or financial analysis in a manufacturing environment or the equivalent of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing techniques is highly desired.
- Ability to produce, read and interpret various financial reports, specifications and regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use various types of financial accounting management software such as: AS400 and inventory software.
- Ability to convey operational performance via financial information to both financial and non-financial management.
- Employee must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements.
- Must be able to promote a participative, team oriented environment, working with customers (both internal and external), all employees, vendors and others in a professional and respectful manner
- Employee must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Employee must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees and vendors.
- Employee must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Employee must have the ability to perform accounting and financial calculations and projections.
- Ability to produce and interpret financial data reports in logical formats.
- The employee may be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, if necessary to meet deadlines. The employee may be asked to occasionally travel to other LMI locations for assignments or training programs.
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
- Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer