Entry Level Electrical Engineer
ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee’s growth and development
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services group is seeking Electrical Engineers for our Naperville, Ill., Ft. Worth, TX, Birmingham, AL, Overland Park, KS, Kennesaw, GA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Chattanooga, TN, Kennewick, WA, and Baton Rouge, LA locations to serve existing clients due diligence needs by evaluating, planning, organizing, and performing consulting services.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to):
- Designing and preparing engineering design packages for existing nuclear power plants or new plant elements.
- Applying basic technical principles, theories, standards, and concepts in order to put together engineering design packages.
- Reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications to support the preparation of project deliverables such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Gaining familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations.
- Ability to learn discipline-specific computer analysis codes.
- Working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Interfacing with other staff engineers as well as engineers working for our clients.
- Conducting site walkdowns at different nuclear clients’ sites.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- College transcript needed for anyone under 1 year of experience post graduation
- Familiarity with preparing Electrical calculations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
- Must be able to traverse stairs and ladders at client sites.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walkdowns.
- Must be able to work outside at client sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Position may involve a client site assignment lasting several months at a time.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
- Previous internship, job, or shadowing experience in design engineering in the nuclear or related industry is highly preferred.
- GPA 3.0 or above
- EIT Certification
- Candidates that have graduated prior to August 2021 preferred
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Must be able to gain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.