Data Analysis and Digital Imaging Intern (18032794)
Data Analysis and Digital Imaging Intern
Requisition Number: 18032794
About this Job:
Syngenta Digital is committed to developing digital agriculture tools for our grower customers, seeking to help maximize their farming operations’ profitability, sustainability, and freedom to operate. This goal requires a powerful, scalable and highly connected spatial data management platform to collect, translate, store and transform data from many different sources, including farm machinery, sensors and other IoT devices, and a multitude of cloud-based integration partners.
Having a highly connected data platform provides opportunity and demand for analytics and machine-learning-based models that can make creative use of the available data to solve practical problems for our customers, and to facilitate the scaling of these solutions.
Syngenta, one of the world’s leading crop input manufacturers, seeks two curious, determined and high-performing individuals who are interested in contributing to a global product development and engineering team focused on bringing value to our customer by building upon the infrastructure mentioned above. As an integral member of this team, you’ll experience personal and professional growth as you collaborate in developing solutions and enhancements that contribute to feeding the world in a sustainable manner.
Note: location is flexible
Duration: May 2022 – August 2022
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop/enhance functionality of machine learning – driven models to solve a variety of agronomic and agricultural operations problems using digital images and other machine and IoT data streams as inputs.
- Organize the annotation of machine learning models, train these models in an AWS EC2 environment, and support an engineering team in the operational deployment of these models.
- Collaborate with machine integration product team to define and implement predictive machine and IoT data infrastructure scalability tools.
- Given a collection of spatial data layers, work independently and with our team to develop scalable agronomic and operational insights that can bring value to our customers.
- Develop data quality metrics and other methods that can determine the suitability of a dataset to a given task; perform automated data cleanup tasks.
- Manage controlled vocabularies and other semantic infrastructure to support machine and IoT data integration and interoperability.
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with a graduation date on or after December 2022
- Knowledge of TensorFlow or similar ML tools, AWS, mTurk, and/or other image annotation tools.
- Programming experience with Python is required. Experience with numeric methods and image processing libraries is desirable.
- Working knowledge of relational and document databases is desirable.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
- Passionate about improving users’ experience
- Curious about and keeps up to date with current technology industry and developments
- Strong ability to research and investigate basic / complex data science related topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, be self-directed and/or work independently or as part of a team.
- Be able to demonstrate capacity to work in and contribute to a global team work environment.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)