Merchant Services and Operations Corporate Summer Internship
Provides support in one or more functional areas. Performs a variety of assignments that offer practical experience and broad exposure to the Synovus organization. Interns are considered to be an integral part of the team and are provided with tasks that are both challenging and educationally stimulating.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision, performs entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in the assigned business unit or functional area.
- Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Performs a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area under the direction of more senior-level staff. Accompanies professional level staff on assignments as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- Utilizes related platforms to aggregate and manage data related to project reports, progress summaries and statistical analysis as required.
- Contributes individually or as part of a team to support the designated business unit. Assists with problem solving to maintain operational excellence and platform stability.
- Works towards goals and objectives and participates in special projects as defined and assigned by management.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university with major course work in a closely related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products, including advanced Excel skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Degree program in Marketing, Finance, Communications, other Liberal Arts majors
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Self-starter, creative, independent worker
- Communication and presentation skills
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.