Finance Operations Summer 2022 Internship
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here
What you’ll be doing...
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the internship experience.
You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Finance Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your finance knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority. You’ll also use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership while gaining knowledge of daily business operations. You’ll also attend learning programs and training sessions and participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
As a Finance Operations Summer Intern, you may work in these areas:
- Billing Integrity.
- Revenue Assurance.
- Fraud Prevention.
- Credit Analysis.
- Payment Management and Controls.
- Collections Strategies.
- Commission Processing.
- Payroll Operations.
- Accounts Payable.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel for orientation and travel up to 40% (up to 4 weeks) of the internship program to Lake Mary, FL.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Economics, Business IT, Statistics, Math or related majors at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023 OR current enrollment in a Master’s degree program in Accounting at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to align to Lake Mary, FL work location.
- Willingness to travel to your assigned work location for up to 40% of the internship program.
Even better if you have:
- Strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Tools, including but not limited to areas such as Robotics (RPA), Cognitive Computing (NLP/NLG), Analytics (Python, R), Visualization (Tableau, Qlik) and Blockchain.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.