Senior Fund Accountant (Accounting for Private Equity / Venture Capital Funds, Family Offices, and Venture Backed Start Ups))
ConnectMe Capital, llc is recruiting on behalf of Segue Partners/JTC, for a Senior Financial Associate, an Accounting and Operations position working with private equity and venture capital funds, venture backed start ups, and family offices.
Senior Financial Associate (Accounting)
(Permanent US resident status is required; Accounting or Entrepreneurship degrees preferred, GPA requirements below)
- Exciting opportunity to join Segue Partners/JTC, where you will be exposed to many facets of the business performed by venture capital funds, private equity firms, family offices, and venture-backed start-ups, having the opportunity to see “behind the scenes”, how VC and PE funds work, providing fund administration, financial reporting, back-office solutions, and investor relations services to these firms. Great family culture, where caring about employees starts at the top
- Complete monthly and quarterly client reporting package and ensure a high level of accuracy is achieved at all times, review and reconcile activity while ensuring the legal terms of clients are adhered to, proactively managing your workflow ensuring set deadlines are met, build and maintain relationships with clients, fulfill client audit requests and assist other fund participants and advisors, maintain treasury and banking activity, mentor and train Financial Associates, participate in new business development, engage in pricing strategy discussions for new clients, and review a broad range of financial, compliance, and legal matters
- 2-4 years of work experience required, ideally in audit or accounting for Venture Capital or Private Equity Funds, but will consider other industry experience from Public Accounting firm. If less experience, you may be considered for the Financial Associate position, 0-2 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in Venture Capital or Private Equity a plus
- Must be responsive, innovative, committed to a long-term relationship with clients and co-workers, and honest
- MUST have excellent written/verbal communication skills that demonstrate professionalism, be a proactive team player with a strong work ethic, have excellent organizational and time management skills (able to meet deadlines), have strong problem solving skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, including advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is ideal; may consider minor in Accounting or other relevant degrees with accounting classes/experience. Masters is a plus
- Desired GPA 3.5 or above; will consider lower with relevant college, work or extracurricular experience
- Position located in St. Louis, MO (remote might be considered for candidates with prior experience)
Full Time Position, Competitive Salary and Benefits. This is retained search being conducted by ConnectMe Capital,llc for Segue Partners.