Commercial Bank Summer 2022 Intern- Houston
*Please apply externally through the link below*
At Regions, the Intern works on department assignments while learning more about the financial services industry. As an intern, you will be provided with job skills and training, personal development, and networking opportunities, while experiences Regions values. Regions offers college internship opportunities within various departments.
- Receives exposure to all basic functions of assigned group within the financial industry
- Exposed to a wide range of tasks including research, administrative and correspondence work and attend meetings
- Provides assistance in projects
- Gains valuable insight within a variety of functions while strengthening core skills and knowledge needed to launch a successful career
- Responsibilities will vary by internship
This position requires the tracking of time and is eligible for overtime hours worked in excess of 40 per week under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- A college student who has interest in developing technical skills and gaining work experience
- Ability to work 40 hours a week for 10 weeks
Skills and Competencies
- Active in leadership posting on campus and/or involved in campus extracurricular activities
- Critical thinking skills
- Intellectually curious
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented with ability to work independently
The Regions Corporate Bank Summer Analyst Program offers internship opportunities to college students across Regions Corporate Bank, which includes a comprehensive suite of investment banking, corporate finance, and capital markets capabilities. Summer Analysts will gain hands-on experience and exposure to various origination and execution responsibilities, including mergers and acquisitions, loan syndications, fixed income, financial risk management products, and alternative capital in support of acquisition financing, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations or general corporate purposes. Summer Analysts will operate as key team members supporting both internal and external client initiatives.
Summer Analysts will be assigned to a specific Diversified Industry, Specialized Industry, Capital Markets, Real Estate Banking, Regions Business Capital, or Credit Products team located primarily in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Nashville or Houston. Summer Analysts will participate in centralized training sessions and have opportunities to interact with senior members to gain exposure to the various groups within Regions Corporate Bank.
The Summer Analyst position will be paid and last for approximately 10 weeks. Summer Analysts demonstrating Regions values, work ethic and leadership will be given preference in consideration of full-time Corporate Banking Analyst positions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Compiling and understanding market data and trends
- Assisting in the creation of detailed projection models
- Assisting in fundamental financial analysis (including industry research, qualitative and quantitative company performance, financial statement analysis and comparable transaction information)
- Assisting with the drafting of client presentations and proposals
- Assisting in the drafting of offering materials for mandated transactions
- At least a rising junior-level college student, majoring in finance, economics, accounting or a related business major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in business classes
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven dedication to excellence and achieving results
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Regions may post multiple positions, in addition to the Corporate Bank Summer Analyst Program position, and applicants are encouraged to apply for multiple positions.