Economic Assistance Benefits Specialist (Long Term Care)(Job Id 17519)
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17519
Agency: Department of Social Services/Division of Economic Assistance
Salary: $19.70 - $22.73 per hour
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: 10/28/21
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The Division of Economic Assistance is dedicated to family success and committed to excellence. We are seeking qualified candidates who share our values of attention to customer service and innovation. If you want to make a difference for South Dakota families then come join our team.
This position assesses and analyzes current life circumstances and financial capabilities to provide assistance and services to low income individuals and their families; determines eligibility for Medical Assistance programs for elderly and disabled individuals; interviews, counsels, and identifies available resources; responds to public inquiries regarding social services and benefits; and interprets rules, regulations, and policies to ensure appropriate benefits and services are provided in an effective and expedient manner.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A bachelor's degree in social science, behavioral science, or other human service-related fields, business administration, public administration, education, or public health, and/or experience in health care administration, finance, accounting, or insurance is preferred. Entry level knowledge and abilities may be acquired through any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the incumbent to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- basic mathematical calculation methods;
- various social, cultural, economic, psychological and emotional factors influencing the behavior and attitudes of families and individuals (preferred but not required);
- principles, practices and methods of social programs (preferred but not required).
- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports, and correspondence that reflect relevant facts;
- demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy and tact when interacting with others;
- gather and analyze data;
- reason logically and accurately;
- solve problems using common sense, reasoning and resourcefulness;
- actively listen, elicit needed information, and communicate information effectively and accurately;
- plan and organize work to meet schedules and deadlines and respond and adjust to multiple demands;
- utilize computerized data systems;
- assume initiative with minimal supervision.
To be considered, you must complete a DSS questionnaire, specific to this job, and attach it to your application.
*Adobe Reader is required. You can download the software for free from https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Click http://bhr.sd.gov/dss/QEABenefitsSpecialist.pdf to access the questionnaire.
- Save or download the questionnaire to your computer. *Do not complete the questionnaire online within your browser. You may lose entered information.
- Open the saved questionnaire and complete.
- Once complete, select File and then Save as. Save the questionnaire to include your last name in the file name. * To ensure your information is saving, complete a small section, save as, and open.
- Attach the questionnaire to the attachments section of your application as the DSS Questionnaire document type.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"