Policy & Producer Outreach Intern
Position Description: Policy & Producer Outreach Intern
Location: Center for Soy Innovation, Jefferson City, Mo.
General Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer / Senior Director of
Policy and the Director of Outreach & Education, the intern in this position will assist with a broad
range of tasks, including assisting with the MSMC policymaker education program and MSA’s
policy program through legislative and policy research and attending policy related meetings and events. This internship will involve assisting with grower services programming.
1. Assist the Chief Operating Officer / Senior Policy Director with legislative research, providing
a report of agricultural bills that passed or failed during the recent Missouri General Assembly
legislative session and analyzing opportunities for the upcoming session.
2. Assist in tracking federal legislation as well as identifying opportunities for board members
and staff to interact with members of Congress during August recess.
3. Draft policy related updates and correspondence to assist the Communications Director.
4. Represent Missouri Soybean programs at promotional and industry events, including the
Missouri State Fair (must be present for MSF’s entirety).
5. Assist the Director of Outreach & Education in conducting field service visits.
6. Accept other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/CEO.
• Enrolled in college, with a major or educational emphasis in agriculture, business, public
relations, political science, or similar studies, entering Junior or Senior year
• Committed to work effectively as a team, with good verbal and written communication skills
• An interest in agriculture and current events
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
• Able to lift at least 25 pounds
To apply, email resume to Baylee Asbury, Director of Outreach & Education, at email@example.com by November 30, 2022.