Research & Agronomy Intern
Position Description: Research & Agronomy Intern
Location: Bay Farm Research Facility, Columbia, Mo.
General Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director of Agronomy & Research and the
Direction of Conservation Ag and Farm Operations, the intern in this position will assist with a
broad range of tasks and projects related to the soybean research farm work, including agronomic and breeding plot maintenance, plot demonstration work, hosting groups at Bay Farm and representing Missouri Soybean programs during special events.
1. Assist the Director of Research & Agronomy and Director of Conservation Ag & Farm
Operations with Bay Farm needs.
2. Help manage and work on plot demonstrations.
3. Represent Missouri Soybean programs at promotional and industry events, including the
Missouri State Fair (must be present for MSF’s entirety).
4. Support Missouri Soybean staff facilitating special events and programs, including
annual Bay Farm Research Facility Field Day.
5. Able to manage groundskeeping as needed, including, but not limited to mowing,
operating weed eater, etc.
6. Accept other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/CEO.
• Enrolled in college, with a major or educational emphasis in agriculture, business, plant
science or similar studies, entering Junior or Senior year
• Committed to work effectively as a team, with good verbal and written communication
• An interest in agriculture and current events
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
• Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
To apply, email resume to Baylee Asbury, Director of Outreach & Education at email@example.com by November 30, 2022.