Regulatory Science Field Research Co-Op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Regulatory Science Field Research Co-Op, are to:
- Hold accountability for executing field studies to generate safety data including grain and plant sample production for corn and soybean within the Bayer internal field network for the seed and trait portfolio;
- Be responsible for executing method development trials that will be executed globally;
- Be responsible for innovating field design solutions for unique complex regulatory issues by collaborating with Regulatory scientists, Breeding scientists and Field Solutions scientists;
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of studies by responding rapidly to existing and emerging changes through innovative solutions, altered work practices and policy documents;
- Drive process improvement for complex technical operations and processes;
- Execute project plans, customer requests and work with all relevant stakeholders to look for optimal solutions with respect to scientific relevance, resource needs and timelines;
- Ensure compliance with BCS safety, BioSafety and stewardship standards and traceability through appropriate quality management and information systems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in agriculture;
- Demonstrated knowledge of crop growth and agronomic principles;
- Ability to obtain Illinois pesticide operator license;
- Ability to solve technical problems and to initiate improvements in working practice;
- Oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients, across geographies and cultures and the development of solid internal and external network contacts;
- Skillset to ensure project plans and status are transparent and that risks, issues and results are clear to all involved parties;
- Executes responsibilities with knowledge, accuracy, persistence, resilience and creativity seeking to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to drive a company vehicle with approximately 10% overnight travel.
- Previous soybean and/or field research experience.