- Coordinate and lead interactions with freight carriers and customers/suppliers in order to improve efficiencies.
- Manage freight costs and inventory levels
- Continuous pursuit of low-cost carrier while considering safety as the first priority.
- Interact with freight carriers while developing long term relationships with other strategic partners. Ensures that the lowest cost carrier is being used within the lanes.
- Coordinate with internal and external contacts to schedule loads for transport.
- Reviews for accuracy of paperwork provided to carriers.
- Plan, direct, coordinate the distribution of materials to ensure quick loading of trucks so as to manage delay times at external supplier and customer docks.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned