Event Coordinator / Event Manager
Explore St. Louis is seeking an Event Coordinator / Event Manager to act as a liaison between clients and facility departments for events held in the convention center and dome @ America’s Center. This position reports directly to the Director of Event Management. Some of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this position include as follows:
· Conduct site visits and tours for contracted clients and ancillary service contractors.
· Review contract forms and services needs as requested by the customer.
· Gather, analyze and input all details regarding the event with the ultimate goal of producing
Event Specs which are used by the facility team to execute the event.
· Conduct pre-event meetings.
· Act as “Manager on Duty” during events for the facility.
· Work with clients during events to investigate conditions and prevent problems.
· Work with client and facility departments during events to ensure that events run smoothly
from the perspective of the client, the facility, and the public.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 2 years experience for an event coordinator or 3 years experience for an event manager within a high-volume public assembly facility (convention center, stadium, or arena). Ability to formulate, apply and execute detailed planning is mandatory. Must possess excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills, plus strong attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Computer knowledge is essential in word processing, spreadsheet applications and databases. Experience with AutoCAD or equivalent drawing programs and experience with Event Booking/Venue Ops is a plus. Knowledge of the hospitality/convention/entertainment & sports industry is ideal.
Interested candidates can apply onlinehttps://explorestlouis.com/job-opportunities-internships/; please include your cover letter and resume when applying online. Or please email your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Explore St. Louis has a mandated COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. Pre-employment testing includes drug screening and a criminal background check. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Explore St. Louis values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition or any other protected characteristic as established by law.