Training Program- Chicago- January Class
About Publicis Media
Harnessing the power of the modern media landscape to drive one-to-one consumer engagement at scale, Publicis Media creates value for clients through global media agency brands and scaled capabilities across investment, strategy, insights and analytics, data and technology, commerce, performance marketing and content. Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Health. Led by David Penski, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, the community and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
About the Publicis Media Training Program
Looking to launch a career in media communications? Publicis Media is currently hiring recent college graduates for our Media Training Program. Graduates of the program emerge with the skillset and knowledge to begin a successful career in the media industry.
The classes provide an introductory look at all of the departments / resources available across Publicis, which helps new employees gain a stronger understanding of the media process and industry. The 25 Classes include media fundamentals such as Media 101, Planning 101, Media Math & introductions to each of our Investment/Operations departments, basic programs like Powerpoint & Excel, and topline business essentials including Business Etiquette & Presentation Skills.
Group Research Project
The project will center on hot industry topics chosen by (and presented to) senior leadership. The group project is assigned so new employees can practice skills that are important to all roles (professional research and storytelling, presentation building, and of course presentation skills). Past topics have included: Traditional Media in a Non-Traditional World, Social Media in Pop Culture, The Balance of Art and Science, Preparing Brands for Disruption, The Power of Audio.
Unless the new hire has a completion of an official media basics training prior to employment with Publicis Media, completion of the training program is required for all entry-level associates and analysts is completed within the first year of hire.
About this Job
Through a combination of on-the-job training, project assignments, client-facing exposure and classroom training, graduates of the program emerge with the skillset and knowledge to begin a successful career in the media industry. Trainees are mentored by experienced employees and are exposed to day-to-day agency business as well as client relationship management
This is a paid, full-time position. Individuals will work on client teams in one of the following areas while enrolled in the training program:
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Client teams develop strong relationships with their clients to create and present recommendations about when and where advertising dollars should be spent. As the Associate you will:
Media Negotiating & Planning
• Participate in team brainstorms to kick off plan and consideration set development
• Participate in negotiations, including but not limited to: evaluating RFPs, contracting rates, and increasing program value
• Assist in the creation and presentation of media specific documents such as media plans, tactical decks, and other related functions
• Meet with vendors to stay on top of marketplace innovations and cultivate relationships within the vendor community
Campaign Management & Execution
• Work with Senior Associate to project manage programs from proposal stage through end date including: compiling specs documents, overseeing asset production and gaining brand approval
• Responsible for generating insertion orders and placement and creative trafficking
• Responsible for the creation of campaign post-launch information such as screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of placement for clients
• Own post-campaign reconciliation and billing
• Assists in management of day-to-day communication with key partners: Vendors, Partner Agencies, and Creative media and social clients
WHO YOU ARE
· You thrive on a team, can meet tight deadlines, and can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· You are comfortable using Microsoft Excel and Power Point. You’ll use spreadsheets to perform math calculations and percentages to create understand data and create results.
· You want to work in a world of creativity. You have a basic understanding of consumer behavior and you want to spend your days influencing the way brands and consumers interact.
Publicis Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Publicis Media’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Publicis Media will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.