Built in 1928 by Simon Construction Company, The Tiger Hotel was the most lavish hotel in Columbia, with modern amenities seen nowhere else. Designed by Alonzo Gentry, a member of the Statler Hotel architectural team, it was the first skyscraper between Kansas City and St. Louis. In 1979, The Tiger Hotel was nominated for the National Registry of Historic Places and was named one of the top ten most notable places in Boone County in 2000. Sold again in 2011, the current owners of The Tiger Hotel embarked on the most magnificent renovation to date and now The Tiger Hotel is Columbia’s only 4 Diamond Hotel.
We are looking for individuals with the highest of standards, who understand what it takes to be the leader and can provide the utmost service to our guests. If you feel as if you have what it takes to be part of this prestigious team then we would like to speak with you.
The Event/Sales Coordinator will provide administrative support to the sales and conference services team with initial inquiries and coordination of event detailing.
- Administrative support to the Director of Sales and Sales Managers.
- Primary point person on group leads calling into hotel and receiving through various channels – builds in sales system and assigns to appropriate manager
- Update and maintains current database and ensures data entered into account management system is accurate and consistent.
- Work with definite groups on menu selections and event detailing.
- Communicate in a sophisticated and professional manner with all clients and staff.
- Act as resource for Tiger Hotel staff regarding questions and clarifications of group issues.
- Follow up on specific VIP in nature requests from clients.
- Interface with clients to answer questions or assist staff with communications between hotel and clientele.
- Work with marketing staff to assist in completing sales related brochures, promotional campaigns, direct mail, e-blast communications and social media solicitation.
- Manage VIP arrangements for on-property site visits and conduct site visits when needed.
- Assist sales team in coordinating sales trips and follow-up.
- Perform Sales projects such as familiarization trip management and various other sales projects as directed.
- Work diligently to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities (i.e. including but not limited to creating contracts, assisting with or the management of room blocks, select reporting, client notification of key dates such as cut-off or payment schedule deadlines, group resumes, event orders, billing details, invoices and other integral administrative aspects of the booking or execution of groups and events).
- Demonstrate excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning skills. Must have a keen focus on detail and strive to consistently go above and beyond for our clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.'
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within 30 days of hire.
Laurie Williams, Director of Sales
The Tiger Hotel, Columbia Hospitality Management
E-mail your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.