The Sanitation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the cleanliness and maintaining the sanitation standards in meeting the day-to-day operations of the facility. This includes the management of contract providers responsible for the cleanliness and food safety standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the Sanitation and Pest Control contractors through ownership of the process across all facilities and all shifts.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders on work-area requirements, cleaning, and repairs to equipment and buildings.
- Perform daily inspections and conduct periodic audits to check safety of equipment, ensuring that SQF, GMP and HACCP requirements are met.
- Assures pre-requisite and quality SSOP's are being maintained and followed with reviews of processes as needed.
- Ensure that GMPs and food safety procedures are understood, instilled at all levels of employment, and monitored throughout all areas of the facility.
- Ensures all elements of the sanitation process are efficiently managed to keep costs as low as possible while meeting all cleanliness standards, including efficient dry pickup, equipment and room teardowns, setup, pre-op and startup.
- Works in partnership with 3rd party sanitation provider to mutually lower costs to benefit both Volpi and the partner-vendor.
- Will be responsible for assuring that the training of HACCP and SQF requirements has taken place for all new and existing contract employees. Will audit training to assure that people understand the requirements, both from a personal and operational standpoint.
- Will be responsible for assuring contract companies are properly maintaining MSS, titration logs, chemical inventories, deliveries, and records as required.
- Monitors and enforces MSS schedule adherence across all facilities.
- Perform internal quality/food safety audits for the facility.
- Instill and claim ownership with responses to NCRs, SSOP non-compliances, GMP infractions, etc.
- Point of contact for maintenance/operations for oversight of sanitation for new, relocated or repaired equipment.
- Monitors microbiological reports from the facilities to determine whether cleaning procedures are effective. Implements immediate corrective actions, as necessary.
- Supports and implements process improvements to continually provide lowest cost, highest quality and on-time delivery initiatives, while maintaining optimum sanitary conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preference given to a focus in Food Science, Animal Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with at least three (3) years of experience supervising a team.
- Completed HACCP training, accredited by the International Meat and Poultry HACCP Alliance preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, and procedural manuals.
- Strong computer skills in utilizing an ERP system and Microsoft Suites.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be available for outside traveling as required (typically for training purposes).
- Industry Experience considered a plus.
- Availability to work some late night, early morning, or overnight hours.