School Based Therapist
School Based Therapists - Kansas City Area
**Year-Round Employment with $1,000 sign-on bonus**
Salary based on license level
Are you a new graduate with plans to become a licensed therapist looking to make a positive impact in the lives of students? Burrell Behavioral Health is seeking School Based Therapists to join our dedicated team and work in collaboration with area public schools. Join our team of dedicated School-based Therapists in the greater Kansas City area where you will have the opportunity to support and empower students in various school districts.
Locations (subject to availability):
- Lee's Summit
- Blue Springs
- Fort Osage
- Grain Valley
- Surrounding county schools
1. **Individualized Counseling:** Utilize your expertise to provide personalized counseling to meet the unique needs of students and achieve treatment goals. These services will be conveniently offered at the school site during operating hours.
2. **Caseload Management:** Establish a caseload that aligns with supervisory guidelines, ensuring efficient coordination and effective management of cases.
3. **Academic Success Support:** Offer prevention, intervention, and support services to identified students, aiming to reduce barriers that hinder their academic achievements. Your efforts will directly contribute to enhancing student success.
4. **Collaborative Treatment Planning:** Participate in client staffing sessions to pinpoint issues and establish treatment goals and objectives, adhering to Burrell guidelines. Assume management responsibilities for assigned cases, ensuring comprehensive and effective treatment plans.
5. **Emergency Response:** Contribute to emergency services by providing swift aid during emotional crises, ensuring that students receive immediate support and care.
6. **Comprehensive Follow-Up:** Provide or coordinate thorough follow-up services for all clients under your care, ensuring continuity of care and ongoing support to promote their well-being.
7. **Community Resource Coordination:** Collaborate with school counselors to coordinate student support, including facilitating access to a range of community resources. Your efforts will ensure students receive holistic care and support.
8. **Clinical Assessment and Intervention:** Conduct clinical assessments and deliver interventions to students and families, utilizing your expertise and knowledge to address their specific needs. These services will be conveniently offered at the school site during operating hours.
9. **Liaison Role:** Serve as a liaison, ensuring that services reach all members of a family and enabling seamless coordination of care.
- Possess (or soon to possess) licensure as one of the following:
- - Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselor (PLPC)
- - Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- - Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW)
- - Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
*Note: Burrell offers complimentary licensure supervision for PLPC and LMSW.
The salary structure includes an increase upon obtaining LPC or LCSW licensure, after completing the no-cost supervision program.
Additional Qualifications / Requirements:
- Preferred experience in providing family, individual, and group therapy, as well as community education.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
SCHOOL BASED CLINICIAN