FPIN (Family Physician Inquiries Network) supports thousands of members from nearly 200 departments of family medicine across the US, Canada, and China in their pursuit to publish medical research. To keep the FPIN community connected and moving forward with their research projects, our project Coordinators respond to tons of email, keep their spreadsheets with pristine impeccability, enforce policies like Mary Poppins (“firm, but kind”), and provide extraordinary customer service.
As a project Coordinator for FPIN, a typical week might include the following:
· Host a ZOOM meeting with editors from our HelpDesk Answers project to update them on the latest editorial policy changes
· Work with an external designer to create marketing brochures to recruit new members
· Lead conference calls with members
· Attend family medicine conferences to meet with members to discuss the satisfaction of their membership
· Oversee the manuscript process from sign-up to publication for our Clinical Inquiries publication project
· Support the administrative functions of our aBIDE (Accountability, Belonging, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity) board committee
· Track paid invoices to ensure all members have paid their annual dues
· Meet with the Editor-in-Chiefs to report the latest metrics for the writing projects
· Brainstorm with fellow team members new ideas for improving member service
This job might be for you if:
You enjoy a balance of collaboration and working independently. In another words, you are perfectly content getting lost in your “to do lists” for several hours followed by creative brainstorming sessions with your co-workers over a latte.
You would prefer to work in a small office with just a few co-workers who are all comfortable wearing multiple hats and value meaningful work relationships.
You thrive in environments that support your learning and professional development. You like working with smart people. You love the idea that you will learn about the latest medical research from some of the wisest academic physicians in our country on a regular basis.
You pay attention to details. It would bother you if you accidentally sent an email with a typo. You enjoy proofreading. Accuracy is important to you.
You are motivated by making a difference. You want to work with others who are mission driven.
· Starting salary between $45,000-$50,000 commensurate with skills
· Matching SIMPLE IRA
· Vision insurance
· Medical benefits
· Great culture – FPIN ranked in the top 4% of Gallup’s Employee Engagement Survey
Our ideal candidate will have:
· College degree with a strong GPA
· Extensive experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
· A heart to serve
· A good sense of humor
· Versatility with an aptitude to roll with the flow in a goal driven, dynamic, and changing environment
· Excellent references
Our core values
ü We value… Answering the most important questions in primary care with the best and most current evidence.
ü We value… Caring for our community members with respect and contributing to their professional growth.
ü We value… Service that is so remarkable and rare that people can’t help but talk about us
NOTE: All employees are required to stay up to date on his/her COVID vaccinations.