TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
The Southwest Section PGA is seeking to fill the internship position of Tournament Operations Assistant. The position will be a four (4) month assignment (May 22, 2023 – August 25, 2023 – start and end date flexible for students finishing and returning to school). The employment opportunity is considered a full-time seasonal position with no benefits. Under the supervision of the Director of Rules and Competition, this position will be responsible for general on-site tournament support as well as programming and operational support of the Southwest PGA’s 40+ tournaments on an annual basis, including the four Southwest PGA major championships – The Southwest PGA Spring Masters Championship, The Southwest PGA Match Play Championship, The Arizona Open Championship and the Southwest PGA Championship/PPC.
- Assist full time staff in tracking of online tournament and seminar registrations and player’s associated eligibility requirements.
- Support full time staff in tournament operation duties, including, but not limited to, production of tournament pairings, handicap research (where applicable), rules sheets, scoresheets, scorecards, and pace of play reports.
- Coordinate with the PGA Professional & superintendent and for arrangements with the host site.
- Assist tournament staff with on-site tournament responsibilities, including, but not limited to, operational set-up, golf course set-up and starter/scoring duties.
- Execute regular posting and updating of Southwest PGA’s tournament news and results to the Southwest PGA’s social media outlets.
- In cooperation with the PGA of America, USGA and Augusta National Golf Club assist with the day-to-day operations of the Section’s Drive, Chip & Putt Championship local, sub-regional and regional competitions.
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination of the Southwest Section’s PGA junior golf program (Firebirds, Junior Prep Tour, PGA Junior League Golf), including providing service and assistance to PGA member professionals around the Section in their administration of PGA Junior League Golf.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Rules & Competitions including support of all Southwest PGA departments when needed.