Student Services Coordinator
Position: Student Services Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Director of Student Services
Location: STRIVE Prep- Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $45,000-$59, 000 (based on years of experience and education)
Status: Full time, exempt, in person position
Start Date: Jul 25, 2022
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are looking for a Student Services Coordinator to be the supportive force that empowers our Student Services team. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. They will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to a team. Our Student Services Coordinator primary responsibility is organizing, scheduling and coordinating Annual, Triennial, Assessments, related services, initials, transfer IEPs, and IEPs requested by adult students, LEAs, advocates and / or parents.for the entire portfolio of schools. The Student Services Coordinator directly supports the central student services team. The student services team supports special education, English language development, and tier supports within STRIVE Prep schools, ranging from elementary through age 21. Given the changing nature of the educational landscape, we rely on our Coordinator for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to students and families.
- Manage professional scheduling for IEP and Assessment Managers, including agendas, mail, email, calls, and other logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to Student Services team
- Perform administrative and office support, such as spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of related documents and internal digital hub.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with stakeholders
- Organize team communications
- Ensure that quarterly IEP Progress reports are updated and distributed to both students and families
- Support schools throughout the year on campus (including potentially working directly with students)
- Active participation in the network and school-level activities and/or events.
- 2+ years of experience in special education with a solid understanding of the IEP process
- Speaks Spanish
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Experience in administrative role
- Strong customer service skills
- A deep belief in holding students to rigorous academic expectations within a culturally responsive and critical pedagogical framework
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep records and conversations confidential
- Demonstrated success working with scholars from historically marginalized communities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Associate degree
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Multi-Lingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!