Social Media Manager
Develop and execute on-site activations while serving as champion for all social media channels and cultivating community partnerships.
Reports to designated property leader with a dotted line to Corporate Marketing Team.
Primary JOB FUNCTIONS
The following job functions should contribute to creating content for marketing efforts captured through photography and video.
- On-Site Activations:
- Serve as marketing champion for on-site activations and implementations.
- Create stellar pop-up experiences for locals and guests to interact with on-site and online.
- Partner with property team to bring brand awareness full circle – online and off.
- Collaborate with F&B team to support upcoming needs
- Social Media:
- Help build and implement social media game plan for hotel and outlet(s) through industry research, digital benchmarking, target audience identification, and setting clear goals.
- Champion social media marketing and day-to-day activities including:
- Create high-quality content calendars that build meaningful connections and encourages followers to take action.
- Connect with industry professionals and micro-influencers via social media to create a strong and healthy network.
- Build hype and engage with online followers and guests bringing personality to community management – through messages, comments, mentions, reviews, etc.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a personable way creating brand loyalty and trust.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Report on social media game plan routinely. Compile takeaways for management showing results (ROI).
- Analyze social media KPIs and tweak game plan as needed.
- Follow trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Community Partnerships:
- Cultivate and increase local partnerships.
- Engage with community through local events, sponsorships, giveaways, etc.
- Attend local educational and networking events to increase knowledge, skills, and brand awareness.
- Connect with local and industry social media circles to implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Content Creation & PR
- Create digital and physical collateral including event covers, check presenters & reader boards.
- Maintain and update property websites with event content including Milestone, Eventbrite & Pre-Kindle.
- Draft and execute property newsletters to promote on-site activations.
- Work directly with PR Company to draft press releases and/or media alerts.
Most work is done on-site at hotel or outlet but there may be times when work may be conducted off-site when attending events related to job functions.
Internal: General Manager, Sales Managers, Front Desk Staff, Director of F&B, Executive Chef, Restaurant Managers, Corporate Marketing Team, and Corporate Revenue Management Team.
External: Community partners, vendor support staff, and vendor technical support.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead in content development, creation and editing of content, online reputation management, and on-site activations.
- Maintains exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Has creative eye for capturing quality photography.
- 1-2 years in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or other field related experience.
- Computer literate, comfortable with standard business software, such as Outlook, Microsoft applications, and Adobe applications including illustrator & photoshop.
- Displays knowledge and understanding of social media platforms relevant for industry, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest etc.
- Maintains personal social media profiles in a professional manner.
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Demonstrates winning social customer service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm, and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Multitask and practices superior time management.
- Capture and make minor edits for photography and videos.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas through written and visual format.
- Understand social media KPIs and application to overall strategy.
- Take ideas and see them through.
- Easily and naturally promote brand advocacy through relationships, online and off.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Previous experience with social media software such as Facebook Business Manager, Sprout Social or other social media dashboards.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Previous experience of managing business social media profiles.
- Graphic Design skills using Adobe or Canva experience
While performing the duties of this job, the Experience Curator is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Generally, works in an office setting with minimal adverse exposure to environmental hazards.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.