Junior Sales Representative
The Junior Sales Representative has an exciting new opportunity to build a successful sales career! This role is perfect for a new grad or Junior Sales person. Our senior sales staff is ready to take on the commitment of training this Contractor Sales Representative to ensure that they are ready to take on the Territory Sales position within two years. If you are a new grad or Junior Sales person and you have great communication and organization skills, along with stellar closing skills, this might be the position for you!
IKO provides roofing insulation and waterproofing solutions worldwide. Established in 1951 in Calgary, Alberta they now host 37 plants across North America and Europe.
This role is responsible for the daily support of the sales throughout their respective region. Achieve sales and market share growth by generating pull-through demand with contractors, builders and architects.
**The territory covered would be Kansas and Western Missouri, including the Kansas City areas.
Essential Job Functions
Grow: Increase sales by developing new and existing professional contractor/builder relationships
Develop: Cultivate IKO’s customer base through loyalty programs & service excellence and build relationships with professionals in the industry
Win: Increase IKO specifications with product specifiers – architects, project managers, consultants, etc.
- Organize & execute a business plan that meets the territory sales goals and customer needs
- Become an expert in knowledge of all IKO products and programs
- Engage professional contractors, builders, and architects to drive demand for IKO products & programs
- Perform product demonstrations & product education sessions related to IKOs performance products
- Spend 90% of time calling on contractors, builders and architects to drive demand for IKO products in a territory defined by Regional Sales Manager.
- Present products and programs to contractors, builders, and architects
- Work closely with outside sales reps from IKO distribution channels
- Utilize approved sales & marketing resources to engage customers and position the IKO brand
- Work closely with local TSR, DM or RSM to understand market conditions
- Monitor, analyze and regularly communicate sales data
- Work closely with local TSR or DSM to understand market pricing conditions
- Conducts prospect calls
- Follow up on sales leads
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates good judgment, with the capacity to independently evaluate situations and identify the optimum course of action.
- Demonstrates initiative in seeking ways to contribute to the success of the company that go beyond a narrow definition of job responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills with a solid understanding of data analysis techniques and technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated self-starter who is able to work collaboratively
- Work is generally performed in an outside sales environment and home office
- Must be have a good driving record and able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends)
- Up to 10% travel required
- 80% local out of office time
- Must be willing to relocation for future opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Management or Marketing preferred
Additional/Preferred Eligibility Requirements
- Previous experience in building products industry
- Experience with CRM systems
- Sales analyst experience and firm understanding of sales performance metrics
- Previous experience in business to business sales or sales coordination
Must be authorized to work in the United States of America