Summer Plant Research Intern
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies, with the tradition of family ownership. KWS was founded in 1865 in Germany focusing on plant breeding and the production and sale of seeds for various crops including corn, sugar beet, wheat, and sunflower. About 6000 employees are part of the growing KWS family in more than 70 countries.
The KWS Gateway Research Center (GRC) in St. Louis (MO) is our North America research facility, built to strengthen our position in the global plant research community. The GRC hosts basic research and product development, supported by existing facilities in BRDG Park at the Danforth Plant Science Center, and is an integral part of the KWS network of breeding stations and research activities.
GRC Internship Program
We offer summer internships on a full-time basis at the GRC. The aim of the internship program is to provide an opportunity for students to develop both professionally and scientifically, and to connect KWS with future professionals.
The typical duration of the paid internships is 2-3 months. Young scientists will get insight and experience in industrial state-of-the-art research facilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Molecular Biology
- Tissue Culture
- Insect Assay
- Plant Growth Maintenance
Your learning opportunity:
- Hands-on work in our biotechnology laboratories or plant growth facility
- Support ongoing projects or conduct a small research project
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams of scientists
- Present data in our internal seminars
- Pursuing a university or associate's degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or STEM-related subject.
- Strong interest and demonstrated background in one or more of the named areas of research.
- Highly motivated to work in science
- Desire to learn and deliver results
- Basic computational skills
Grow your career forward by submitting your application online via our online application system SuccessFactors! Please click the “Apply” button which you can find in the online ad.