INTERN: Product Partnerships
Product Partnerships Intern Job Description
The Product Partnership Intern is a volunteer leader who supports St. Louis Area Foodbank’s Product Acquisition department. The Product Partnership Intern will actively solicit food drive partners and organize product collection events within the 26-county service territory. The Product Partnership Intern will interface with department leads and other Product Partnership interns to develop their own strategic plan leading up to their planned event. The intern will manage their own event budget, collaborate in planning session, coordinate logistics, and manage relationships within the community.
This role is a remote position with 1 Shift /week in office.
1 Shift/Week Location:
St. Louis Area Foodbank
70 Corporate Woods Drive
Bridgeton, MO 63044
EXPECTED OUTCOMES BY END OF INTERNSHIP:
· Create and execute a forward-thinking strategic plan that encompasses a variety of ideas.
· Successfully coordinate and execute a minimum (3) food drive event.
· Quantify the planning efforts by # of meals provided to the community.
· Manage an expense budget successfully.
· Strengthen intrapersonal communication skills.
· Better understand the event planning process from start to finish, including recognition and follow up with product donors.
· Understand the Foodbank donation receipt & distribution processes.
· Confidence in presenting results to other foodbank employees and the public.
In Order to gain a full understanding of the Food Bank and our scope of work, Product Partnership Intern may participate in a variety of program areas including, but not limited to:
· Food On The Move, Food Fairs and Mobile Food Pantry.
· Volunteer Center
· Community Food Drives
· Food Collection Events
· Ride with a driver for food distribution.
· Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited college or university.
· Non-profit experience or Event Planning experience a plus.
· Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively and independently with different types of personalities
· Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications
· Broad understanding of evaluation, programs, and logic models.
· Driver’s license, Vehicle Insurance and reliable transportation.
· Comfortable driving a box truck as needed.
· Passion for the Foodbank mission and the ability to demonstrate SLAFB’s Core Values: Stewardship, Teamwork, Agility and Respect
· Preferred Availability: This is a remote role with a requirement that (1) day of the week during 7:00AM-3:30PM will be required to work at the foodbank. The day will be decided after onboarding all interns.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· There is a chance the intern would be required to lift 25 lbs.
This is a work remote position, with there being an occasional day required in the office as needed to collaborate with other Product Partnership Interns. If preferred to work in an office setting, this is available and can be arranged. The total approximate time per week that will go into planning your events would be estimated at around 8-10 hours per week. As schedules are made and set, community and internal events for the intern to attend will be scheduled.
TO APPLY: Go to https://stlfoodbank.aaimtrack.com/jobs/ or contact Katelyn Majors at firstname.lastname@example.org