Event Planning Internship
Make an impact working with local homeless youth while using your own creativity! The HALO Event Planning Intern will primarily focus on developing, coordinating, and facilitating the Inspiration Breakfast, #ArtDoesGood Campaign and Annual ArtReach Auction fundraising events. They will also help with planning any other internal or external events that arise. This position will be for 10-15 hours a week (including some evenings) consisting of office hours at HALO Headquarters in Kansas City and event planning meetings. This intern will report to the COO and Senior Operations Manager.
A majority of this position will comprise of:
- Brainstorming with staff on the event aspects
- Coordination of event logistics and timeline management
- Promotion of event to local supporters and donors
- Spending 2-3 days in the HALO office, planning and implementing actionable next steps for the event
- Volunteer recruitment and day of event management
- Planning and scheduling social media for donors and sponsors
- Assisting with event and programming needs as they arise
Candidates for this Internship must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills. Also be able to work well in a team atmosphere, highly motivated, enjoy brainstorming, and take the initiative on all projects.
Needs to be efficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint. Knowledge in WordPress and Canva is a plus. Training provided on all other programs.
Please note this is an unpaid internship; however this an excellent opportunity to gain a variety of experience in the nonprofit sector.