Sanitation Manager - Columbia, MO
- Participate in the Quality Risk Management Process yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Coordinate and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the factory accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Provide leadership and training for production personnel to complete production line and facility sanitation as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule, Daily Tasks, Maintenance Work Schedule, and Production Schedule.
- Build a safe working environment for personnel working in sanitation, maintain chemical safety procedures and MSDS’s, work with chemical supplier to provide chemical handling training, provide leadership in improving chemical training beyond what chemical supplier provides, and meet all requirements of Kraft Heinz Environmental, Health, and Safety program.
- Build a structured, orderly chemical storage and sanitation supply area in the factory.
- Review the efficiency of the Kraft Heinz Sanitation Program on an annual basis for efficiency and provide continuous improvement for the sanitation program at the factory level.
- Ensure compliance with the Global Cleaning and Sanitation Manual, Pest Control Standard, Hygienic Design Standard, and Building and Fabric Maintenance Standard.
- Lead the Internal Cleaning and Sanitation Audit Program to ensure compliance to the Kraft Heinz Sanitation Program and Q-RMP Standard 2.22.
- Initiate and complete cleaning verification and validation programs to prove effectiveness of Sanitation program.
- Partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean / Kraft Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
- Manage and evaluate the Sanitation staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Develop and manage the department’s operating budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Food Technology, Engineering, Microbiology, or other related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing and 1+ years of supervisory experience is required.
- Certified Sanitarian or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Knowledge in HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, Pest Control, and Quality Systems.
- Understand and follow government regulations relating to OHSA, FDA, USDA, and EPA
- Typically, day shift; 8am – 5pm, flexibility in schedule, weekend work as needed, shift work as needed
- Communication skills
- Assertive professional manner
- Leadership skills
- Excellent statistical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Able to develop work instructions and documentation
- Training skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility in work schedule, able to work periodically on a shift rotation