Social Services Director
Are you looking to make a difference, join a team that is devoted to "Doing the Most Good". The Salvation Army in Springfield, MO, looking for an individual who would like to apply their experience, to fill our Social Services Director position.
This position starting salary is $60,000 annual and will be responsible for the administration of all Social Ministry programs; regular and seasonal. Ensure that programs are conducted according to Salvation Army policy and National Social Service Standards and within the scope of service as allowed by the license and credentials of the Social Ministry staff and volunteers. This position is also responsible for the supervision of Social Ministry program staff. Responsible for program operations, development and evaluation, oversight of all program budgets, record, and reports.
- Manage regular and seasonal Social Ministries programs working with other staff to plan and implement.
- Plans implement and Coordinate Christmas Toy Shop and Food Distribution.
- Review Social Ministries programs and community needs and make recommendations to the Corps Officer regarding changes in Social Ministries programs as needed, including additional programs, discontinuing programs, policies and guidelines, and staffing.
- Assure that The Salvation Army Information Management (SIMS) database is kept up to date.
- Assist business staff in the preparation and monitoring of the budgets and finance statements for all Social Ministries programs.
- Hear and resolve complaints from Social Ministry clients according to Salvation Army policies and using good judgment.
- Develop and maintain communication with and/or office.
- Give presentations to community groups and agencies regarding Salvation Army Social Ministries Programs and needs.
- Prepare written reports, including but not limited to annual program action plans and updates, for Advisory Board, Corps Council, and Program Committee and attend relevant meetings.
- Coordinate and attend Program Committee meetings. Take and distribute minutes.
- Manage the implementation and operation of program funding contracts and requirements ensuring full compliance with contracts and requirements and the maximum use of contract and grant funds. Regularly monitor progress on goals and objectives of funded grant proposals and contracts or agreements.
- Ensure that all appropriate data is maintained necessary for reporting to the appropriate funding sources and submitting necessary reports in a timely .
- Provide casework services to clients as needed, in the absence of the caseworker or in peak times.
- Oversee Volunteer Emergency Disaster Services. Develop volunteer team to run the program. Plan and provide emergency social services, with requisite EDS training, during disaster situations for extended durations and in extreme conditions.
- Attend educational opportunities when appropriate.
Program Development and Evaluation
- Develop written polices/procedures for the Springfield area programs, in accordance with all licensing, funders and The Salvation Army guidelines. Submit major program changes to the Midland Divisional Social Services Director.
- Ensure program compliance with applicable laws and regulations and evaluate all programs annually.
- Create and develop program evaluation, participate, and support The Salvation Army National Social Services Standards program evaluations, and make program improvements accordingly.
- Develop programs/services as needed for approval through the official channels, Corps officer, Divisional Social Services, Midland Mission and Program Council, and Divisional Finance Board.
- Supervision of social ministries program staff including FEC & Harbor House, and Emergency Social Services caseworkers, Food Services Manager, and EDS volunteers to assure compliance with Salvation Army Policy and standards and assisting them with making decisions that are not clearly defined in policy or standard procedures.
- Select, interview, and recommend candidates for Social Ministry positions.
- Train new Social Ministry employees for the performance of their duties providing the necessary guidance and information to ensure proper understanding of the job duties and decision-making process according to Salvation Army policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Provide guidance and supervision to interns/students including performing reviews and submitting required reports and reviews.
- Meet routinely with staff to review program progress.
A full job description will be presented at the time of hire.
Master of Social Work degree licensed to practice social work in the State of Missouri. Must and have a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in Social Services. Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required. Combination of training and experience will be considered. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass the Salvation Army MVR check. Must be willing to support The Salvation Army mission. Safe from Harm training must be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment. Must participate in HMIS training and be certified for data entry into HMIS within 60 days of employment, preferably within 30 days. Certified in CPR and first aid.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite in the O365/Team’s environment. Excellent oral and written communication essential. Able to work well in a team environment while also having the ability to work independently. Must be able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Must be able to respect confidentiality, organized, efficient. Must have excellent supervisory skills. Experience in grant writing and grant management. Must have the ability to work with a diverse population in a wide variety of programs, able to present a positive image of The Salvation Army, work well with other community agencies and have good time-management skills.
Full benefit package which includes medical, (Anthem Blue-Cross Blue Shield) with a low deductible, dental, and paid life insurance. 14 paid holidays a year, generous vacation time, sick time, and an additional floating holiday. Employee is eligible for participation in company funded pension plan after one year of service, company contributes 6%.