Data Scientist - Intern
As a part of the Credit Risk Team, you will be building credit risk models for our BNPL product. We're looking for someone who thrives on solving difficult problems, and putting new features in front of users. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working in a Data Science and/or Technology function in consumer credit.
As one of our first few hires, you will be an integral part of our team, working directly with the founders and C-suite execs on a day-to-day basis. You will be a part of key strategic decisions and directly responsible for architecting and implementing systems that shape our BNPL credit product and impact our customers directly.
We are looking for motivated self-starters who are ready to roll their sleeves and get to work. While we have a list of basic qualifications, we ask that you think of it more as general guidelines and not hard requirements.
Basic skill sets or educational qualifications that will be needed to get the job done, listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent experience. Master's degree or prior work experience in the field is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry and specifically consumer lending (credit cards, loans, etc.) is preferred. Experience in predictive analytics models and machine learning in financial space will be preferred. Academic equivalent will be considered.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, financial product and business acumen accompanied with knowledge of data structures, algorithms, statistical and modeling techniques.
- Professional experience with programming languages such as Python or Ruby; proficiency using version control systems such as Git; querying language such as SQL, code editors such as Atom, or Visual Studio.
- A desire to design and build lending and banking products from scratch. Simply speaking, Buy Now Pay Later products are what Millennials, and Gen Z use in place of credit cards to make purchases or pay their bills.
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems, manage and motivate team members, and work independently when necessary.
We're growing fast and present the perfect opportunity for you to grow with us! Depending on your interests and future company trajectory, you can pursue one of the following growth paths:
- Build and lead your own Product / Automation / Analytics / Risk team.
- Progress to a specialized senior role and take charge of other areas necessary for growing our product.
- Flexible work hours and location — pick when you like to work and from any location you like. If you are a morning person, work the early hours, if you are a night person, work the late hours ⏳
- Flexible time-offs 🏖
- Take your birthdays and anniversaries off 🎂
- We will provide you a MacBook to work and build with us 💻