Are you a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude? Are you passionate about connecting 417-landers to what’s best and what’s next in our community, helping them to fully enjoy their life in 417-land? Are you looking for opportunities for growth and advancement based on your individual strengths?
Be the champion of our audience—it’s unlike any other in our community. Ensure that we uphold our mission to enrich the lives of our audience with excellent experiences presented in an attractive and engaging way. Plus, help manage one of the biggest brands in 417-land.
Have what it takes? Apply for the 417 Marketing Coordinator position today!
The Marketing Coordinator is the content and marketing heartbeat for the Audience Development team. This team member flexes their writing, digital and creative marketing skills to ensure solid promotional plans are in place for all company events, contests, promotions and PR opportunities. Then executes those plans to help grow the 417 audience.
1. Grow our audience through high impact branding efforts, dynamic events and promotions, clever public relations and exceptional client engagement and integration.
2. Define and execute on marketing and digital strategies to support these initiatives, including but not limited to event ticket sales, contest entrants, promotion engagement, etc.
3. Keep track of metrics (social trends, ticket sales, contest entries, etc.) and adjust the plan accordingly to meet and exceed metric goals.
4. Handle copywriting for 417 campaigns including but not limited to advertisement copy, social media content, website copy, etc.
5. Build all project landing pages and/or microsites in 417 CMS (Wagtail)
6. Create and deploy outbound email marketing campaigns through 417 EMS (Hubspot)
7. Support development and deployment of social media strategies across all projects.
8. Collaborate with brand designer on marketing collateral and assets
9. Sole ownership to drive revenue through non-traditional revenue streams. Seek out partnerships to ensure 417 is seen as a community partner by managing our Good Times Great Cause program (including 417 Magazine People Pics and freelance photographers, as well as upload photos to parent websites).
10. Manage audience growth projects including promotions and sweepstakes
11. Support circulation acquisition, retention, growth and re-engagement strategies. Handle subscriber data entry and serve as a customer relations contact for subscriber questions.
12. Coordinate and execute company events and promotions, as needed.
13. Utilize project management software (Monday.com) daily to ensure strong communication among team and cross departmentally and effective project management.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
• 2–5 years work experience (excellent internship experience counts)
Skills and Strengths:
• Relationship driven with strong communication skills
• Confidence in written communication
• Strong marketing skills
• Management of a workload with multiple projects and competing deadlines
• Proactive and not reactive, always thinking one step ahead
• Passion for growth, publishing and audience experience
• Ability to think strategically and look up and out
• Influencing, leading, and delegating abilities
• Critical thinking, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills
• Good judgment for design esthetics that would appeal to the 417 audience
• Oh—and last but not least, a passion for excellence
Benefits and #417culture:
• Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
• Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future.
• Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
• Did we mention we have fun committee?
• We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
• Revenue, data and results driven to understand the importance of tracking all sponsorships and circulation efforts to results, metrics and ultimately, revenue.
• Unparalleled customer service
• Organizational skills
• Intrinsic motivation to work independently yet still be a team player