Accounts Generalist Role
Role Description – Accounts Generalist
As part of Climate’s Global Operations Team the HGS North American Accounts Generalist is responsible for providing best-in-class support to assigned dealer accounts as well as Client Business Managers throughout the season. This role serves as the main point of contact for both dealers and Client Business Managers across a variety of business and operational facets of the Client sales life-cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain value-added relationships with Client Business Managers as well as key dealers in assigned territories to identify operational gaps & opportunities deliver impactful solutions and help manage overall Client business needs.
· Align with field sales teams to identify opportunities for dealer engagement and assist in executing overall business initiatives to enhance dealer loyalty.
· Coach dealers through the dealer journey on how to interact more effectively & efficiently with the Client platform to improve productivity, optimize value, improve platform satisfaction and enrich account selling skills.
· Facilitate formal and informal dealer trainings on operational features including but not limited to, Client dealer portal navigation, ordering, returns, payment processes, Knowledge Center, commissions and reporting.
· Provide training and guidance to Client Business Managers on core systems and related operational processes including Salesforce, Tableau and Client dealer portal.
· Assist with sales, dealer and customer-facing projects as needed by teams within the Client organization (Science, Product, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.).
3. Operational/Account Management
· Assist Client Business Managers and dealers in analyzing their business by providing detailed reporting that will help target opportunities and influence sales growth.
· Prioritize influential dealer accounts within assigned territory to effectively deliver enhanced support, including assistance with upselling user accounts and identifying & executing upon other opportunities that increase customer loyalty (partnering with Customer Success Team as necessary).
· Lead initiatives with dealers and/or internal stakeholders to ensure customer master data integrity across assigned accounts, ensuring that all hierarchies are documented accurately and maintained efficiently.
4. Order/Program Management
· Facilitate the gathering of pertinent financial documents to be used for all billing and commission purposes; follow up on unpaid orders as necessary.
· Actively provide dealer’s reports throughout the season to assist identify ordering errors.
· Facilitate processing and routing of claims and refund submissions per dealer or Client Business Manager request, in accordance with established policies.
· Support assigned accounts in understanding sales, operational and market funding programs.
5. Product & Platform Knowledge
· Knowledgeable about all Client products, features and current offerings.
· Become a subject matter expert for a specific area of focus that pertains to the role. Train other current and new employees as necessary, while engaging with key stakeholders and contributing to process improvement efforts.
· Possess the ability to identify process improvements and identify more efficient ways to accomplish personal and team goals and then sharing successful ideas with others.
· Log all inbound and outbound inquiries in Salesforce to ensure accurate reporting of volume and documentation of issues.
· Provide timely resolution and follow-up to Client Business Managers and dealer contacts on all logged issues/inquiries.
· Keep all team documentation and reference material up to date.
· Follow escalation procedures when necessary.
● 2-4 years sales support and/or account management experience
● Ability to travel on a limited basis
● BA/BS Degree preferred
● Agronomic knowledge a plus but not required
● Self-directed with strong initiative
● Effective planning skills
● Excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
● High degree of results orientation
● Capable of having sensitive business conversations
● Ability to build strong relationships over the phone
● Able to work independently and as a team
● Project management & problem solving skills
● Proven follow up skills and drive to provide high level service
● Strong interest in agriculture and desire to bring improved productivity, sustainability & increased profits to farmers